Friday 1 January 2010

What not to wear!!!!

After a gruelling 3 hours of studying pharmceutical chemistry (and yes it is as disgusting as it sounds) I went upstairs to watch some mind numbing TV. I found one of the kiddywinks watching 'What not to wear' which is just one of those lovely pretentious TV shows that claims to have all the wisdom on how to transform yousrself from what they consider to be 'boring' into some 'wanton sex goddess'. I literally couldn't believe my eyes so I went too look for my glasses. The kiddywink was not only watching this bull shit but the kiddywink was actually taking it all in and enjoying it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly yacky fears for the future generation. 


It makes me so angry to see these programs because it's ridiculous, so ridiculous on so many levels. They dissect a woman from head to toe... tell her she looks like crap and then they come up with this miracle make over/transformation where she gets some epiphany and claims the experience transformed her life. Since when did clothes transform a persons life!!!!!!! Maybe I'm being narrow minded and snobby about this but I just believe that every person is beautiful in their own way and that the fact that the top they're wearing makes them look 'square' doesn't really matter. Ofcourse programs like these stem from society's obsession with fashion and appearance and to me it's just a shame. Instead of having programs that inspire individuality and pride in one's self be it their appearance or their personality we are bombarded with nonsense about what we should and shouldn't wear in order to be acceptable to society and to fit in according to what is expected of us. I for one choose not to be affected by such nonsense :D. Tomorrow im going to wear jeans because they're comfortable, my GUCMUN t-shirt and a jacket because I'll probably get cold. :D Take that for a fashion statement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment