Tuesday 29 December 2009

2009

When I think of 2009... I smile

 

I think of the trials I've been through... I think of what I achieved, what I didn't and how I got there. This last year has been different in so many ways, for me at least. I've experienced things, pushed myself and been pushed to the boundaries I never even dared to tip toe. My life has always been so random and unexpected, which of course I found irritating as I simply love routines... even crave it as I practically have none in my life. :D and as I think of all these things I smile because I remember how I lucky I've been this year. I've made it through and become the person I am for many reasons one being the friends I've made and I cherish every 2009 moment I've spent with them. I've never actually shown anyone what I write in my diary but I think as it's almost a new year, a new start can be instigated through making a new change. 


October 2008 

Today I was with lamia in the bus, I love the bus because its fun and I'm weird :D OH OH nd I saw this boy who had the coolest superman T-shirt everrrrrrr :D lamia won't go ask superman boy where he got his super man t-shirt :( oh well.. 


November 2008 

HAHAHAHA I met a girl called Mariam at Almun today. WOW. I like her, we clicked so quickly its unbelievable. I can just tell that we're gonna be great friends. It's nice to talk to someone who doesn't need a translation. lol 


February 2009

I went to Costa today with mariam to see those MUN people. They look ok, I actually enjoyed talking to them. There way a boy called moza (I have no idea why they gave him that name coz honestly its just a mas5ara name :D ), oh nd one called shams and one called yousry. They are weird but I like them :D


8th of March 2009 12.15 

I'm so in love with this MUN stuff, its crazy!!!!!!!! I was a bit worried about being friends with Omar and Ibrahim but I really feel like we've bonded. Ofcourse I love mariouma more than ever. I don't know its weird but they feel like family and hopefully we will all be the best of friends. I love how I feel around them. I feel so happy so unbelievably happy :D


26th of May 2009 

After what happened to me ie the whole 'dreamt big' disaster I felt really down and depressed and lost faith in myself and stopped believing and dreaming. Moza, Omar,Sheebo,Shams, Nounou and Salma had a dream, a dream they turned into a reality. I feel so thankful to them that they shared this dream with me and gave me back my faith. I feel like things are right.


14th of July 2009 9.40 am Back at DGGS (my school in England)

After I moved to Egypt my world turned upside down, I felt like this new place I was forcibly put in wasn't worth my time or love. I was very wrong when I went today I was struck by how everyone had moved on to bigger and better things. Seeing this made me realise how this is what I should have done long ago. I should have been brave and strong enough to let go and move on. I love school so much but I don't belong there anymore. I can't live in the old days. I have my friends in Egypt and I love them lots and lots and my place is with them. Egypt is my home hasn't always been but now it most certainly is. 


20th of December 2009 3 pm

I felt so horrible today but one thing which always makes me feel better is youmna. Talking to her is enough to cheer me up. Her support and love...she is one of the most sincere honest people I know and I thank god that three years ago that silly billy decided to go to the pharmacy orientation. 


After reading all this you may think that some moments are more significant than others but for me these are the moments that have defined me, caused me to change in one way or another. I cannot quite understand or describe how these people have come to influence me or how they became a big part of my year and an even bigger part of my life. All I know is 2009 wouldn't have been the same without them. I wouldn't have been the same. 


So just to warn you... 2010 and onwards you better still be here because I don't even want to imagine the possibility that you won't. 




1 comment:

  1. OHH.. let me first start to express my happiness for being the first to post a comment for Yakyak on her first blog..

    Well, I am trying to think of words that can describe how much am proud and happy for my Yakyak.. my CC.. my director.. my friend.. and hell yea my little sister..

    Sharing the MUN Dream with u from the very begining means that there was this belief and trust that u are going to work on it with all the passion and energy u have to make it come true. Trust me when I tell u that i still get goosebumps when I recall ur first presentation last year and the whole room was in total silence and dazzlement to the extent that they gave u an applause for 20 seconds when u were done with it!

    I still also recall our ride back from AL Azhar Park singing Hakuna Matata.. and YES we were happy! we were very happy kaman..

    Mnay memories we share together, and alot more coming ahead.

    Plz grace us with ur posts from now and then.. i would love to read whatever u will be writing here..

    Happy New Year Yakyak.. :)
    LOVE U!

    ReplyDelete